Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Masterpiece

You know, true story...

the first time I saw this panel from a Wonder Woman comic, I was at a restaurant, and laughed so hard that milk came out my nose...



the sad part being, I wasn't even drinking milk at the time.


Now, I'm willing to admit I'm probably not the best judge in the world of female beauty, but I think I know enough to say "this ain't it." If, instead of becoming a movie star, Eve Arden had become an alcoholic prostitute and aged poorly, that's kind of what it would look like.

You only think you know how creepy William Moulton Marston was. Frankly, I don't think it's something that sane people will ever be able to fathom.

5 comments:

Scipio said...

That just a woman, that's the infamous

PAULA VON GUENTHER

Wonder Woman's nemesis!

Anonymous said...

I have to say though, Paula sure knows how to accessorize.

Anonymous said...

Wait - Moulton didn't draw the damn things. Maybe the caption was a bit of a sarcastic stab at H.G. Peter for not living up to his usual standard?

Daniel said...

How did that PDQ Bach introduction go? (That is to say, I'm probably going to butcher this.)

"Whenever a new PDQ Bach work is discovered, the musical community is filled with excitement, but also with trepidation that this new piece can't possibly live down to the same low standards set by his previous work.

"But so far..."

Anonymous said...

Hey, he only said it was hypnotic art, if someone had that on the wall it would be a long time before I stopped glancing at it...