Thursday, March 29, 2012

STAY AWAY!

This isn't really the point of my post, but, as follow-up to my previous post on Batman-as-theater-actor, I share these two panels from the new Batman #1:




In which Dick asks Bruce for a review of his acting, and refers to Alfred's acting lessons.

But the real reason for my post is the following panel from the most recent issue of Justice League. It just hit me that I have never agreed with any single panel more.....

Present Day Baltimore: STAY AWAY!!!

7 comments:

CobraMisfit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CobraMisfit said...

Oh the life lessons one learns from comics.

Heed the Batman.

Heeeeeeeeeed!

Bryan L said...

Never been there. Is it dreadful?

Nathan Hall said...

Bryan L. - just watch The Wire. It was accurate enough to offend the mayor.

That being said, the crabcakes are good and the waterfront is pretty happenin'.

So, not a nice place to STAAAAYYY, but great if you can get AWAYYYYY. Think of it as the Albuquerque of the east coast.

Scipio said...

"It was accurate enough to offend the mayor."

LMAO!

Noah said...

I met a jocular shopkeep in San Francisco, who upon hearing that I was from the East Coast, asked me if knew about "Got to be more careful." I was confused until I realized he talking about the City of Baltimore: "Got to B'MORE careful."

Scipio said...

Okay, "Jocular Shopkeep" is the name of my next put-together quartet.