Friday, March 01, 2013

Fisch on Friday: Show-off

Sholly Fisch, as I've mentioned, is one of my very favorite writers.
The panel below is one of  the many reasons why.

It's his version of the classic JLA story (Justice League of America #10 (March 1962) where the Leaguers tried to prevent three very powerful magical artifacts from falling into the wrong hands.

In this scene, Flash and Wonder Woman have gone to retrieve one of the artifacts, the Bell of Uthool, from a Himalayan mountaintop.  Flash naturally assumes he'll get their first because he's the fastest man alive. 

He doesn't.



Thanks to Sholly Fisch, there's more personality in that one panel than some entire issues that other writers have penned for Flash or Wonder Woman.

4 comments:

Bryan L said...

I like the Flash's snowsuit. You can't necessarily attribute that to Fisch, but it's still a nice touch. I do wish some of DC's all-ages superhero titles would survive. I miss them. Young Justice just ended, and I imagine Green Lantern won't be around much longer. Tiny Titans just doesn't appeal to me, though my daughter enjoys it.

SallyP said...

Gosh this looks like fun.

I...I remember fun.

Martin Gray said...

I do hope we see more Sholly after his final-for-now Action Comics run ends next issue.

Mike Blake said...

This is pretty much a riff on one of Englehart's JLA stories, where the team meets Superman atop the Himalayas, where he's using his x-ray vision at super-speed to scan the entire world. I wish I could remember the exact dialog, but it's similar...